Friday, February 09, 2007

Oliver Stone on the Bush Dynasty

I don't know how long this quote has been out there (I read it online but the quote originates from Esquire magazine), but the minute I read it I knew that I had to post it here because it's so brilliant and so spot-on (as the British say).

It's Oliver Stone discussing the Bush Dynasty:

The march of time is stunning. It's been one surprise after another. No one could ever have predicted President Reagan and his success. Never. We knew him as a General Electric actor. No one could have predicted the Bush dynasty, either. Such a strange story. In a sense, it's totally Manchurian Candidate. There's George Bush Sr., pushed around by his strong and stunning wife, a perfect match for the Angela Lansbury character. Barbara Bush is the brains and strength of that family, a true matriarch. Young Bush is like the Laurence Harvey figure. Very scary. Very spooky. Brainwashed. He has a vacancy in his eyes. We've all seen it. I don't know why more people didn't see it in the first place.

Can't do better than that, can you?

Tom Moran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home