Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Weekend Before

I'm not so much worried about the midterm election at this point as I want it to be over. I think the Democrats will convincingly take over the House and have a very good chance at taking over the Senate. If the GOP has any chance at all of avoiding disaster it will be in the Senate, but I'm hoping that a rising tide drowns all Republicans.

Have we finally learned our lesson? Really? Have we figured out by now that entrusting the government to Republicans is like asking a Luddite to fix your computer?

I hope so. I really do. In the meantime, this cable-less Democrat is looking for a place to watch the returns on cable on Tuesday. Any ideas for a place in Manhattan where a progressive can watch CNN in public? E-mail me.

Tom Moran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home