Saturday, October 28, 2006

Holding My Breath (and Measuring the Drapes)

I have to admit, it's been hard to think of something to post in here lately. All I can think of is waiting. Two more weeks, ten more days, one more week...

I can't wait until election day. Yet at the same time I'm dreading it.

What if Bush and Cheney and Rove figure out a way to scrape out another so-called "victory," the way they did in 2000 and 2004? What if the Democrats don't take back the Senate?

I've been predicting a political tsunami for a year and a half now, and now that it's almost here I'm worried that the levees won't break. That they'll hold. And that the Republicans will figure out a way to steal yet another election.

My reason tells me that the voters are disgusted with the criminals in Congress and the White House, and are waiting to deliver a stinging repudiation of the GOP that will render Bush and his cronies politically impotent for the next two years, until we can get a Democrat in the White House.

And at the same time I can't help but worry.

So for the next ten days or so I'll be crossing my fingers...

Tom Moran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home