Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Just a Few More Hours

It's funny. I have every reason to feel good today (for many complicated reasons that most of you aren't going to know about), but right now all I can think about is disappointment.

Are we going to be disappointed tonight? And to what extent?

I doubt the Republicans will hold onto the House, but what about the Senate? I know if Ned Lamont loses to "Holy Joe" Lieberman (as seems likely) I'll be extremely disappointed. Same with Harold Ford in Tennessee.

But I went and voted like a good citizen, and tonight I'll be watching the returns with the folks in Rockefeller Center. At least, that's the plan right now. It could change.

I think a very dark period in American history is about to turn around starting tonight. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Tom Moran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home