Thursday, March 05, 2009

What Do We Do Now?

You may have noticed that I've been a little quiet in this blog of late.

And you may have wondered why that is.

Well, it's like this:

This blog was started in a spirit of outrage and opposition. Four years ago it looked as if the worst elements of the G.O.P. were unstoppable, and someone had to say something to oppose their reckless and idiotic policies. I advocated for another way, and for a return to progressive values in this country.

And guess what? It happened. And now I'm stuck wondering where this blog goes from here.

Do I want to be a partisan cheerleader for the Obama Adminsitration? Not particularly. It feels nice to have a grown-up in the White House for the first time in 16 years, but I don't think they need me to tell them what to do or when they're screwing up.

Should I turn it into a more social and cultural blog, inveighing against the idiocies of our time? Sounds like something out of the movie "Network."

Or should I just let it quietly die, happy in the knowledge that we've done our job and taken back the country?

I'm not sure. I'm still thinking about it.

Tom Moran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home