Saturday, March 01, 2008

From The The "Get A Life" Department

I know that there has been some controversy over Diablo Cody's win of a screenwriting Oscar for "Juno," but it's not something I could overly relate to, since I have either read the script (which has been published) or seen the film (which is still in theaters). I know, lazy fucking me.

I did read her book, and I wasn't all that crazy about it. But that's another story.

But I know that some people get seriously bent out of shape on the subjects of "Juno," Diablo Cody and the film's star, Ellen Page. I just wish I understood why.

And then I saw this clip on You Tube.

I'm wondering what you think of it. This young woman absolutely horrifies me. Where does all this venom come from? I mean, really.

Check out the video and see what you think:



Does this girl need some serious therapy or what?

It almost makes me want to see the movie, if only to discover what could possibly inspire such near-pathological hatred in what looks to be a perfectly ordinary young girl.

Tom Moran

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know for sure cause I'm a guy, but from what I've seen in life aren't irrational outbursts of hatered like this by one woman against another woman often fueled by that nasty green eyed monster---jealousy.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say you haven’t seen “Juno” – I would seriously advise you not to. It amazes me that it was nominated for Best Picture.

The film, when I saw it, kept screaming “Hey, we’re so indie with our quirky dialogue and shitty music, give us an Oscar! Give us an Oscar! Did you know the screenwriter used to be a stripper?”

Go see “No Country for Old Men.” Ten minutes of that film tops the entire hour and a half that is “Juno.”

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have any interest in seeing "Juno" myself. My number one reservation about it is that it's directed by Jason Reitman, in another case of classic Hollywood nepotism. I would much rather spend the time watching something made by someone with something interesting to express than another hollow, empty film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home