Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Monster On (Not In) A Box


Lately I've been toying with The Monster. The Monster (the term is borrowed from Spaulding Gray's monologue which was later made into a 1992 film) is depicted on the left. It is one manuscript -- all 1,867 pages of it.

This is not necessarily a good thing to do. I've spent the past few years wrestling with him, and I'm not sure I'm up to doing it again. But something tells me that this might be a good time to take another look and see what might be possible.

Could The Monster be made available to the public someday? Well, with the help of a new agent and a disgustingly large advance, possibly. It would still take a lot of work (it needs to be expanded a little).

In the meantime, he stays on top of the box. And there are other monsters on other boxes awaiting their turn. That's the good thing about having an incompetent agent -- you build up quite a backlog.
Tom Moran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home