Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Apologies to Kevin Smith

I don't make a lot of mistakes on this blog but when I do, I acknowledge them.

So I have to do a little groveling here. I'll make it brief.

Almost a year ago I wrote a blog item criticizing Kevin Smith, director of "Clerks" and "Chasing Amy," for going back to the well and directing "Clerks II" (no links -- we're not about links here). I thought it was a bit much to make a sequel to a indie film from over a decade ago.

Well, I finally caught up to "Clerks II" on DVD last week.

And it's fucking hilarious. One of the best comedies of recent years. A bit Rabelaisian (to put it mildly), and it's not to everyone's taste (especially if you're not into what they call in the film "interspecies erotica"), but I laughed my ass off.

Since Kevin Smith was raised Catholic, all I can say is...

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Tom Moran

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home